Friday, March 19, 2010

queen of messes

Still can't figure out the comments.  I have all the settings set the same way as my other blog and it isn't working, so who knows.  Hubby said he will look tomorrow at the HTML and see if something is screwy there.  Me trying to read HTML is like me trying to read Hebrew.

Anyway, I had a slightly better day today.  Brendan behaved a bit better and I tried very hard not to yell.  only had to raise my voice a couple of times.  I did get stressed and annoyed at the end of the day because I was feeling overworked and underappreciated so I told Scott "I'm going to take a walk until I cool off!"  It took a 20 minute power walk with some fast tempo music blaring thru my headphones, but it worked.  We all have moments like that.  The bonus was that when I got home, hubby had cleaned the living room and kitchen for me.  He DOES listen!  :-)  I think the reason I was at my wit's end today was because alllllll day long I was cleaning one thing after another, and most of the messes were caused by the Queen of all messes, Meg.  OMG she's like a tornado, leaving a path of distruction wherever she goes.  First it was the sugar all over the kitchen floor from where she decided to stick a spoon in the sugar container.  I think she must have learned to leviate or something because I had put that container where I was SURE it was out of her reach.  And I can't figure out how the sugar got all over the whole kitchen floor, or why it was wet which caused it not to be sucked up by the vaccum.  Thankfully my dogs are back from the trainer, so Thunder cleaned up the sugar before I had even found the broom.  He's my little hoover.  They spent a few days at the trainers getting groomed and giving us a chance to pack without them around.  I never realized how much those dogs clean up--I had to actually sweep every time I fed Erin while they were gone.  When they're here, the mess is gone before Erin is even out of the high chair!  LOL.  But I digress.  Anyway, after I got the sugar cleaned up, I realized Meg had been in the bathroom "washing" her hands an awful long time.  Yep, another soap cake.  she likes baking soap cakes.  What is a soap cake, you ask?  well, it is a cake made out of wet toilet paper, frosted with my nice smelling bath and body works lotion soap.  Luckily I got it in one of their "buy one get 6 free" type sales that they seem to have every other day.  Sometimes she even gets fancy and decorates her cake with toothpaste.  SO much fun.

Speaking of the devil, we let her and Brendan have a sleepover tonight.  It is 3:30 and I'm up with heartburn (stress and a burger from Mickey D's) and I can hear voices coming from her room.  Why are they awake??  [a couple minutes later] OK apparently she woke up and couldn't find the dora cup.  You know, the cup that she insists she MUST have every time she goes to bed, and it has to have ice in it every single time.  then she takes one sip and leaves it in the pocket in her tent.  She's not even thirsty, she just needs to know it is there.  She's even demanded ice in the middle of the night before, because she had woken up and the ice was melted.  I made her get it herself.  :-)

So anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah, the yummy soap cake.  Sent her to her room while I cleaned up that and the rest of the sugar, and then she came out and asked for a snack.  Sure, whatever.  A few minutes later I come into the kitchen and there's a puddle of red crystal light on the table and dripping on to the floor.  Did she even bother to tell me she had spilled?  No, of course not.  She was outside at this point so I cleaned it up and then took the wrapper from her granola bar away from the dog.  We've lived here for 2 years and she still can't find the trash can apparently. 

I am not the neatest person in the world.  I leave yarn all over the place, I can completely ignore clutter, and I usually have laundry (dirty and clean, folded and unfolded) all over the house.  However, my mess queen puts me to shame.  I pity my future son in law.  Hopefully she'll get better at cleaning by that point, or hopefully they have enough money to hire a housekeeper. 

All is finally quiet, including my heartburn.  I think I'll try to get some sleep now.  Gotta rest up for the messes I'm sure she'll make tomorrow!  Or, rather, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment