Monday, March 29, 2010

down to the wire!

Packers are coming bright and early tomorrow.  The loaders are coming in the afternoon.  Truck was already delivered.  I feel like I've got a giant countdown clock ticking away above my head. 

We haven't stressed too much over the packing, we've packed what we could easily do, and stuff we weren't using we packed over the course of the last few weeks, but I haven't touched my craft closet and there's plenty of stuff in the kitchen etc that they'll pack for us, as well as some of the pictures on the wall and all the electronics stuff.  We did spend a lot of time the last few weeks cleaning out drawers and cubbards and throwing a bunch of crap away.  Scott has really been busting his butt this past week with me being unable to do much.  He's so wonderful!  I'm just glad I'm able to walk around now, slow but at least I'm moving and can carry stuff.  Today I'm working on packing everything for the trip.  I've got 3 suitcases, one for the last few days here, one for on the road, and one for once we get to MI before the rest of our stuff arrives.  The logistics of the move are the most stressful, trying to make sure I have everything we need for the kids and dogs.  Need to find leashes, blankies, beloved toys and teddy bears, sippy cups, etc.  And that's just for the car ride!  LOL.  We bought the pre-mixed formula for Erin for the trip so that we can just dump a can of it into her sippy cup rather than dealing with powder and water and all that in the car.  She's 10.5 mos old and not allergic to milk, but she still needs the formula to supplement her nutrition in between solids.  We've given her milk a couple of times like when we were at Grandma's and didn't have formula on hand, but for the most part she still gets formula.  Too bad she isn't just a couple months older!  We also give her dilluted juice but only a little each day.  I tried the pre-mixed formula on her this morning to make sure (even though it is the same Enfamil Premium we always use, I just wanted to be sure she would drink it) and she was happy with it.  She gets a kick out of the sippy cup. 

Anyway, back to the packing.  I'm trying to make it so that we don't have to haul a bunch of suitcases every place we stop, but I'm terrified I'm not going to have enough of something in each one, and Meg will have to wear a dirty shirt or something.  I ALWAYS way overpack.  Scott and I went on a 3 day cruise one time.  He brought a carry on suitcase.  I brought 2 large suitcases.  Now that we have kids I'm wayyyyyyy worse.  I pack twice as many clothes as I think they'll need to make sure that when they spill something on their shirt or fall down in mud I have back up clothes.  And I'll probably pack tons of PJ's even though Meg usually insists on sleeping in her clothes (hey, pick your battles.  Besides, it means less laundry for me!) because I know if I don't pack PJs she'll insist she NEEDS them and it will mean a hissy fit. 

Well, Erin is up for her nap so I need to deal with her.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment